Show All Results
Web Ops Team Manager
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
As a Web Ops Team Manager, you will lead a global team responsible for application development and support of MilliporeSigma's eCommerce platforms. You will directly manage and lead a team of Web Admins, who are responsible for 24/7 operations, as well as delivering the team's roadmap for automation as we transition to a Dev Ops environment. To improve time to resolution and CAPA, you will identify, design, and implement rules, standards, and processes while ensuring the security, compliance, and performance of our distributed cloud-based environments. Domestic and International (5%-10%) may be required
- Train and assist in the skill development of direct reports, preparing them for future responsibilities.
- Maintain day-to-day BAU (problem/troubleshooting) while working to improve time to resolution and CAPA as they relate to organizational KPI's
- Manage project tasks with varying priorities and complexity while tracking team metrics such as individual contributions, project deliverables, and timelines
- Develop processes to increase team collaboration, documentation, communication, and transparency
- Work with departmental and intra-team leads to facilitate task design and allocation from a technical point of view
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of experience managing direct reports
- 5+ years of experience in a Web and/or Cloud Environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field
- 5+ years of experience managing direct reports
- Experience in application support for eCommerce
- Experience in Agile methodology using JIRA and Confluence
- Experience supporting cloud-based large-scale or high-transactional volume SaaS products
- Experience with management activities including career planning/support, training, interviewing, hiring, rewarding, disciplining, and performance and salary reviews
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.