Show All Results
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
We have a phenomenal opportunity for an Apprentice Engineer to join our team in Irvine. The engineering graduate apprentice will undertake part time study at Glasgow Caledonian University, for BEng Engineering (Design & Manufacture), following the Electrical Power Stream route. Along with part time study, they will support the department in meeting key goals on process improvement and capital project implementation. Through onsite training and off-site education, the employee will develop to:
- Support process engineering and projects with daily functions.
- Collaborating closely with various departments on site to support continued improvements and operations.
- Build, update and review documentation related to the process and project functions.
- Support the root cause analysis on technical incidents and product failures, aid in the development of corrective and preventive actions in coordination with Production and Quality.
- Supports the creation of change control records, user requirements specifications, design scope documents and drawings for process improvements and capital projects.
- Participate in department and site continuous improvement initiatives.
- Supporting the planning and execution of small capital projects.
- Generate data that supports process and projects metrics.
- Providing technical support in areas of the degree’s discipline.
Who you are:
- Although work experience is not crucial for this position, evidence of any part-time or voluntary work will is helpful.
- Effective written and verbal communication.
- Great problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer knowledge
- Ability to work well as part of a team or individually.
- Self-starter, with a can-do attitude who is able to self-manage and multi-task.
Standard entry for new employees applying directly from school: SQA Higher: BBBC including Maths at B, plus Nat 5 English at C. We accept selected Foundation Apprenticeships, in combination with SQA Highers, for entry to our degree programmes. Your Foundation Apprenticeship will take the place of one SQA Higher qualification for our standard entry requirements and will be treated as equivalent to a B grade at Higher.
For non-Standard entry applicants with prior work experience and professional qualifications there is a possibility to be considered through the university's flexible entry system through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). This process allows prospective graduate apprentices to claim credit(s) against previously assessed and certificated learning, including informal learning, to be considered and recognised for academic purposes and credit within their programme.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.merckgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html