Show All Results
Account Manager, Federal Government Mid-Atlantic, Northeast
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
MilliporeSigma is looking for an Account Manager to join our Federal Government Sales Team with a focus on MidAtlantic/Northeast states. This talented individual will be a field-based account manager responsible for the maintenance and growth of all Federal Government agencies in their states.
- Generate and qualify sales leads
- Close profitable business by meeting or exceeding sales goals and objectives
- Build, grow, and manage Federal Government Agency’s in assigned territory both through direct sales and dealer channels
- Champion and drive customer awareness of MilliporeSigma and its Best-in- Class/Innovative technologies and products
- Create and maintain relationships with Federal Government researchers and procurement to promote penetration, retention, and loyalty
- Devise and implement successful account and territory strategies that support increased sales and the strategic goals of Federal Government Sales Team
- Partner with internal teams (marketing, inside sales, dealers etc.) from the Science and Lab Solutions Business Unit to identify, develop and close opportunities
- Submit and update business plans
- Log/track/update opportunities and leads in Salesforce.com required
- Own and manage any account-wide contract and/or pricing agreements
- Best locations to cover territory includes MD/DC/DE/NJ/NY/PA.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Biology, or Chemistry
- 3+ years field sales experience
- 2+ years of federal government sales or procurement experience
- Completion of graduate level courses in Science/Business
- Experience in reagent and/or technology platform sales
- Proven ability to identify, drive and close sales employing a Technical and Tactical Consultative approach
- Nuances in Account Management including knowledge of Purchasing Departments, ability to maintain and grow top labs in key accounts, and have working knowledge of Genomics, and/or Proteomics and/or Analytical Chemistry
- Ability to independently manage time and priorities
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to influence/educate others in order to gain acceptance/approval of innovative concepts/products
- Ability to develop, implement, manage, and track strategic and tactical plans both independently and with a team
- Demonstrate organizational, prioritization and planning skills required for successful account management, territory management, and project management
- Proven ability to work and succeed under minimal supervision
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.