Show All Results
Distribution Associate 3
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Distribution Associate 3 at MilliporeSigma in Milwaukee, WI will be accountable for quality of own work; provides solutions to problems based on practice, existing precedents, or procedures; uses discretion to modify work practices and processes to achieve results or improve efficiency. Completes work with a limited degree of supervision. Impacts the effectiveness of own work team through quality of services or information provided; typically acts as an informal resource for less experienced colleagues. Starting pay rate is $21.49/hour! Also, earn a $1,000 signing bonus, payable after 90 days, if hired for this role!
- Operate required equipment to produce documents for workload
- Locate, move, deliver, or return all required materials to proper areas
- Accurately document all movement of materials
- Audit inventory locations to maintain inventory and location accuracy
- Verifies chemicals, catalog number, lot number, special requests information, unit size and weights against order documentation found in packing instructions
- Works with team leads and supervisors to troubleshoot systems issues
- Assists with training new employees
- Operates both powered and manual material handling equipment in a safe manner
- Receives material from outside vendors
- Scans or meters product into the shipping system
- Prepare or procure materials and required documentation for shipments, verifies that all the appropriate markings and labels are present, and ensures all packages comply with company procedures and DOT, IATA, and IMO regulations, making corrections when necessary
- Selects orders for processing
- Processes canning of material
- Schedules dock appointments for carriers and occasionally loads freight
- Communicates with Procurement any discrepancies or product issues
- Process CONF and Dropship orders for shipment
- Communicates with Customer Interface Departments on shipping issues; expedites priorities
- Follows all good distribution practices (GDP), where applicable
- Reports unsafe or potentially unsafe hazards to team leads or any member of management
- Condenses, straightens, and maintains warehouse areas
- Other miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ years of work experience in a warehouse or logistics environment
- 1+ year of experience operating sit-down forklifts
- Prior experience with hazardous materials
- Knowledge of shipping regulations
- Strong professional communication skills to interact with all levels of staff, both orally and written
- Ability to work in a group setting
- Proficiency with computers, scanners, printers, CRTs, shipping equipment (meters, tape machines, etc.) and various cutting instruments
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail
- Ability work quickly and adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.