Show All Results
Project Engineer I
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Merck Capex Team requires a Project Engineer (contractor) to be based on-site at Tullagreen Co. Cork.
The project engineer will provide engineering support in developing new or improving existing equipment and/or process related activities and responsibilities.
- Perform project management tasks for small to medium scale projects involving either new or existing equipment
- Assist in determining the budget to support requirements
- Evaluate or assist in evaluating technology necessary to support requirements
- Propose options to Management/Customer/Stakeholders
- Provide technical support for projects
- Support and/or develop and execute equipment or process related validations in accordance with IML requirements, processes and procedures
- Assist in negotiation with equipment suppliers
- Utilize necessary project tools, i.e. URS, Microsoft Project, etc. to manage projects successfully
- Develop the necessary equipment, process and product knowledge to be recognised as a local expert.
- Measure/evaluate equipment efficiencies, downtime and assist in the development of maintenance requirements
- Propose and implement improvement projects that improve compliance, improve efficiencies, yields or throughputs
- Define root cause and implement solutions to equipment and process related non-conformances utilising the NCMR and CAPA processes
- Actively interfacing with cross-functional team members, always practicing good team work in support of day to day operating requirements
- Ensure effective closure on quality system documents (Audit Action, NCR’s, CAPA’s, Maps, etc.)
- Implementation of safety/environment requirements on purchase and changes of all new and existing equipment.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Candidates must have proven experience of working as a project engineer on multiple manufacturing projects.
- Candidates should be educated to degree level as a minimum.
- Knowledge of standard industry practices, procedures and safety measures is essential.
- Candidates must be excellent communicators, able to lead and focus a multi-disciplined engineering team.
- The successful candidate will have strong leadership and communication skills, including the ability to challenge and work with other technical engineers and project stakeholders.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.merckgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html