Show All Results
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
About the role:
Job Title: Senior Analyst - Service Management-ITSM
The IT Service Management Specialist is a member of the “IT-IH Global Ops Center & Compliance” Service Management team, whose mission is to enable IT service delivery and support. The Specialist participates in transformational initiatives as related to ITSM. You will support the IT areas tobuilde an effective data visualization and analysis using ITSM Tool (ServiceNow) including Performance Analytics. By understanding the Business and IT customers, their behaviours and values, you will find opportunities to create more effective and improved services. You will have to establish relationships with the Business and IT domains and pro-actively support them in implementing continual improvements for services provided by them.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Design and create ITSM (ServiceNow) Dashboards. Design indicators to measure performance and adjust service coverage. Analyse system and service bottlenecks as they occur and identify areas for improvement. Identify areas where automation and self-service can increase efficiency and reduce cost. Define blue prints for SLA based reporting, vendor and contract management, build dashboard and data visualization to support daily operations. Maintains contact with users and offers technical advice and support in the area of expertise. Build and Manage ITSM Tool (ServiceNow) update sets in cooperation with the platform team. Process mapping and documentation: Involved in formulating process maps, guideline documents and training. Responsible for operational report preparation and monitoring of key metrics and SLA performance. Conduct Governance meetings regularly to Monitor, Analyze and Improvise the performance of overall important metric Metrics.
Ability to get work done in a matrix organization and Strong customer orientation behaviour. Proven ability to put together and present well-structured presentations for various forums, German language skills are a plus. Analytical demeanour, strong decision-making skills, and the ability to optimally connect with individuals across all levels the organization. Strong operational service management knowledge and skills, understanding of IT operations processes and end to end IT infrastructure components / architecture. Knowledge and experience working across a geographically and culturally diverse organization. Design, evaluate and document processes and lead teams in accomplishing process review and improvement. Proficiency in using metrics to measure and model service delivery, drive continuous improvements. High self-motivated and ability to work with minimal direction and excellent self-management skills (e.g. prioritization of tasks, adjust to changing priorities)
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field required.
- 5+ Years of hands-on technical experience performing administration/development specifically with ITSM Tool (ServiceNow, JIRA, BMC Remedy, etc.)
- 3+ Year's relevant experience with Analytical and Reporting Management as well as process improvement in a technology organization.
- Excellent knowledge in MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Tableau and PowerBI.
- Should have working experience in ITSM and ITOM modules in an ITSM Tool
- Demonstrable experience collaborating with application delivery, application development, project managers and business colleagues, delivering effective IT / business solutions.
- Experience working in remote / virtual team and environment.
- Certified ServiceNow Administrator including Performance Analytics experience is helpful.
- ITIL Foundation/Intermediate/Expert certification is an added advantage.
- Customer Focus and Collaboration
- Effective Verbal and Written communication skills are vital.
- Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
- Resilience and Flexibility (Can do demeanor)
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.merckgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html