Show All Results
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Manage and drive growth in transactional business accounts within the Synthesis Complex & HPAPI customer portfolio. Establish and maintain relationships with new and future key customers.
- Total sales revenue supported: ~15 EURm
- Total number of employees supervised (in organization): 0
- Primarily 90% North America focused
At MilliporeSigma, the Account Manager is responsible for achieving all sales/growth targets, with an assigned account base through proactive (outbound) contact and overall account/territory management.
- Proactively contact customers/accounts, identify customer needs, present value-oriented products/offers and subsequently generate consistent short term and long-term business to drive incremental growth.
- Identify and implement tactics aimed at influencing run rate associated sales such as overall pricing strategy, custom opportunities, etc.
- Use tools such as gap analysis, product knowledge or industry information to identify and prioritize prospects to contact and generate opportunities, build new relationships etc.
- Demonstrate effective account management and selling skills including relationship management, prospecting, pipeline management, negotiating and closing.
- Prepare and execute account plans providing monthly updates detailing progress on the plan, justifying variances, and indicating corrective action needed and/or taken.
- Map key contacts, key labs, key decision makers, etc. to prioritize prospecting efforts, accounts, and opportunities.
- Partner with specialists to serve customer needs and the greater sales strategy.
- Utilize all internal resources and systems to provide quotations and/or negotiate long term pricing for continued and incremental growth of the territory.
- Participate in both product and sales training to further influence discussions with customers, maintain critical product and market knowledge and ultimately influence sales activities that drive incremental growth.
- Enter all pipeline activity and updates into the CRM system, dashboard reports and any other reports as requested by management.
- Manage a named and territory ranging around 15MEUR depending on role within the team and corresponding sales operating plan expectations.
- Travel up to 25% (US Domestic) as needed to maintain relationships and identify new contacts and opportunities or for team meetings.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time.
Working Location: Remote
Who you are:
- Technical degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or other with an ability to comprehend and correspond with key contacts on highly technical chemical processes, unit operations and supply chain challenges.
- 3-5 years of experience in pharmaceutical process development including working knowledge of chemical processing and manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient materials required. Ideal candidate will have a prior sales or marketing role with a CMO or pharmaceutical company working in the bioprocessing business.
- Working knowledge of the contract services business preferred
- Prior experience working with a multi-site network and and/or multi-geographical jurisdiction.
- Thorough understanding of the drug development process including working knowledge of ICHQ7A cGMP manufacturing requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to engage in highly-technical conversations about complex chemical synthesis and communicate with process scientists and outsourcing personnel in an effective manner
- Adept at developing strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent presentation skills and presence
- Proven leader charged with hiring, training and developing employee talent
- Excellent computer skills including word, excel and presentation capabilities
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.