Show All Results
Technical Product Owner - Innovation
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Short/mid-term: In this individual contributor role, you and your colleagues will build digital products that improve our marketplace platform for the Millipore Sigma customers ensuring a frictionless buying experience. You will also help in expansion of Marketplace into different geographies outside of USA.
Long Term: Be on the lookout for innovation opportunities across MilliporeSigma’s digital ecosystem. Conceptualize and pitch novel ideas and initiatives to increase customer engagement, customer satisfaction, ease of doing business, revenues, and profits. Do competitive analysis to be aware of best industry practices in digital and eCommerce space and recommend how these could be incorporated within our digital ecosystem.
Your responsibilities include:
- Working closely with a team of developers, UI/UX designers, business partners and other digital product owners to deliver value to our customers
- Prioritize features, slice increments and create acceptance criteria
- Set and manage expectations across a large group of internal stakeholders
- Identify gaps and opportunities to improve processes, build new features or deliver incremental value
- Work in Agile development environment
- Translate portfolio work into epics
- Write user stories
- Prioritize user stories
- Create Acceptance Criteria
- Participate in Business User Testing
- Create Product value proposition
- Define the platforms uppermost success metrics, tracks and reports out on them
- Participates in all Agile/scrum ceremonies
- Gather buy-in and alignment from stakeholders for product roadmap features and enhancements
- Facilitate stakeholder meetings to achieve project requirement and alignment
- Partner with Business Analyst to identify dependencies up front to ensure we can schedule work accordingly
- Resolves blockers and impediments in a timely manner
- Stay up to date on relevant SigmaAldrich.com new features, tests, bugs, etc. to ensure the marketplace experience is always improving.
- Create and maintain documentation on our Confluence pages relevant to your product(s)
- Work with your team members to stay aligned, share information to create redundancy and support each other where possible
- Challenge yourself and your agile team to continually improve the customer experience via innovative solutions from tight feedback loops with our customers
- Contribute to product strategy and vision for our Marketplace experience for customers
Who You Are:
We are looking for a passionate team player, who is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done. You are always willing to help and support your team - You always raise your hand to help whenever your team is in need. You are comfortable with work not being assigned to you but rather you are volunteering for work. You are comfortable with ambiguity and lack of routine in your day-to-day job.
You are comfortable with digital technology and participating in technical solution design discussions. You embrace Agile, love data, and want to hear from the customer. You are ok failing, as long as it generates learnings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, statistics, computer science, math, technology or science field
- 5+ years of work experience with E-Commerce technology products, preferably as a Product Owner for at least 3 years
- 2+ years of work experience working in agile methodologies
- Understanding of digital technologies and ability to participate in solution design and troubleshooting discussions
- Skilled at developing hypotheses, validating ideas, creating business cases, developing and adhering to development roadmaps
- Demonstrated expertise in ecommerce technology and user experience. Experience with a B2C or B2B marketplace
- Demonstrated track record of driving product implementations from conception to launch and ensuing iterations. preferably globally
- Proven ability to use data to make decisions and drive consensus
- Team player and self-starter with excellent interpersonal, problem-solving and presentation skills. Ability to collaborate with all levels of staff and create relationships
- Skilled at collaborating with multi-functional teams to test and implement solutions
- Ability to travel up to 20% travel (domestic and international)
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.