Show All Results
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
As an Operations Technician based in our Irvine site you are responsible for conducting varied daily tasks depending on the business needs and requirements. Over a period of time, you will be trained in all key aspects of the role to ensure maximum efficiency and be able to perform the below daily duties.
- Ensuring the formulation rooms and equipment are clean and audit-ready state.
- Ensures process rooms are within specification prior to use.
- Weighs batch aliquot amounts of raw materials within required tolerances from bulk containers using SAP scale interface
- Cleans and/or prepares Intermediate Bulk Containers (IBC’s), super sacks, equipment, glassware and the formulation areas in preparation for batch formulation.
- Performs mechanical assembly and disassembly of process equipment used for blending and milling procedures to allow for operation, cleaning and inspection of such equipment.
- Manufactures Dry Powder Media following a specific set of manufacturing instructions using coordinated software and process equipment, Fill the specified DPM batch amounts within the required tolerances into the appropriate packaging containers.
- Uses SAP for completion of electronic batch documentation for DPM fill.
- Prioritises workload to allow effective completion in order to meet the Production Schedule and communicate to supervisors and production colleagues of any delays.
- Reports to supervisor, any deviations to procedure during the formulation process.
- Participates in Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Participates in risk assessment and root cause analysis evaluation activities as the need arises.
Who You Are:
- Good understanding or previous experience of GMP would be helpful
- Previous SAP experience would be adventitious
- Phenomenal teammate who can work on own initiative
- Effective communication and teamwork skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Have the ability to adapt to change and work well under pressure
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.merckgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html