Show All Results
Head of Digital, mRNA Delivery
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Targeted mRNA delivery has the potential to change patient lives by enabling life changing therapies. An M-Ventures funded biotech start-up is poised to seize the opportunity at the intersection between the Healthcare and Life Science Divisions of Merck, KGaA Darmstadt, Germany. Our mandate is to think big and reach across teams to leverage the full capabilities of the organization.
With the agility of a startup and the resources of a leading multinational, the targeted mRNA delivery team is redefining the way researchers develop mRNA therapies. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
As a founding member of the stealth startup leadership team, you will drive a multifunctional team designing a cutting-edge targeting platform which will enable the therapeutic delivery of mRNA. Reporting to the startup “CEO”, you will have shared responsibility for the success and growth of the venture.
- Establishing a team of digital experts to implement the mRNA vision with the following capabilites: Artificial intelligence, in particular machine learning for chemical and biological data and Computational modelling to bridge mechanistic insights with empirical data, e.g. computational chemistry, cheminformatics, molecular dynamics
Key elements of roadmap include:
- Digitally enabled design of experiments which generate rich data sets and inclusion in the companies "Data Lake"
- Establishing strong collaborations with our laboratory team and IT colleagues
- Building digital chemistry enabled predictive model of lipid nanoparticle (LNP) properties and performance attributes
- Managing agile development processes
Key elements of Deployment include:
- Enabling internal / external customers to leverage solutions
- Leading integrated internal and outsourced development teams
- You will build an ecosystem of collaboration and best practice sharing with other internal teams with relevant expertise
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science / engineering
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant corporate experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in combining digital approaches with empirical biological and chemical data
- Experience leading multi-functional teams across fields and geographies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
Location: Boston area preferred
Travel: Ability to travel 20% (national and global travel)
- Experience in Life Science, Pharma or Biotechnology industry
- Background in digital chemistry, bioinformatics, or related fields
- Ability to effectively work in a multifaceted environment embedded in a global, matrixed organization across multiple time zones, geographies, and cultures
- Highly organized, meticulous, creative, results-driven problem solver with proven flexibility and collaborative working style
- Ability to lead multiple stakeholders and sophisticated projects simultaneously
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.