Show All Results
cGMP Manufacturing Supervisor - Bulk Pharmaceutical Chemicals
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The cGMP Manufacturing Supervisor will supervise personnel/resources for manufacturing of Bulk Pharmaceutical Chemicals (BPCs) and Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) regulated by the Food and Drug Administration following protocols consistent with and established according to current Good Manufacturing Practices.
You will develop employee's knowledge and skills to improve performance and expand abilities. You will also coordinate the group’s efforts to assist meeting the departmental and company objectives through direct contact with Customers, R&D, and QA/QC.
12-hour overnight shift (6pm-630am)
Two-week rotation: Week 1 (Monday/Tuesday/Friday/Saturday)
Week 2 (Sunday/Wednesday/Thursday)
Essential Job Functions:
- Select, train, develop, motivate and evaluate employees. Assist in the selection process of candidates in a manner consistent with company policies.
- Supervise employees to accomplish all departmental goals and objectives in a safe manner and in compliance with all applicable federal, state and company regulations (OSHA, EPA, NRC, ATF, FDA, etc.)
- Ensure tasks are done in accordance with approved OPs, MMFs and other cGMP protocols and that processes proceed correctly.
- Provide strong avenue of communication for employees and ensure information is passed on to subordinates in a timely fashion through weekly meetings and shift pass downs. Communicate the group’s status, data and feedback to management.
- Direct Group's efforts toward Process improvement and company goals.
- Approve and sign for production any Master Manufacturing Formulas, Operating Procedures, batch records and other documentation to ensure compliance with FDA and cGMP guidelines.
- Plan for short-term and long-term response to customer needs and company goals.
- Contribute to the support of customer relations. Interact with the customers and represent the company during audits.
- This position requires 12-hour night shifts; Off-shift/weekend work required.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biology or other life science
- 3+ years technical production or R&D experience in a manufacturing facility
- Experience with cGMP Manufacturing
- Basic chemistry and science principles (this facility specializes in Organic Synthesis)
- Knowledge of various relevant processing techniques and equipment
- Ability to manage, motivate and develop employees
- Interpersonal skills, conflict resolution, motivation, leadership
- Communications skills including writing and oral, ability to communicate with various disciplines and levels both one-on-one and group communication
- Knowledge of Process Improvement methodology
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.