Show All Results
Automation Engineer (DCS/PLC/SCADA)
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Everything we do in Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
You will be part of a team working towards Standardization of Automation/OT for Process/Analytical and contribute to the success of large capital investment projects worldwide.
- Front-end process control designs for novel chemistries
- Design of process control architectures in close collaboration with process engineers and other engineering disciplines
- Be responsible for its detailed design, build-up, support installation
- Support commissioning of the plant by co-working with suppliers and site team
- Be an internal subject matter expert in instrumentation, system integration, control logic & programming of process automation systems
- Able to grasp complex interrelations and translate customer requirements into innovative and robust technical solutions.
- Interfacing and close collaborating to other disciplines, project management team, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) firms during all project phases.
- Global governance functions and standards development to
- Designing, building, support commissioning /maintaining systems
- Interacting with external suppliers.
- 25% travel expectation for this role, both domestic and international travel
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Automation, Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years experience of Automation/C&I engineering.
- Acumen in process engineering.
- DCS design, software engineering and automation standards experience
- Experience in plant automation programming (DCS/PLC/SCADA) using relevant tools, methods and technologies
- Experience with SIEMENS PCS7
- Basic knowledge in application of safety analysis for the design of plants and life safety controls.
- Experience in the selection of instruments suitable for the specific applications, including safety and Ex proof components.
- Ability to work on global, interdisciplinary teams (English is mandatory)
- Knowledge of EX protection (NEC500, ATEX, IECEx) is highly preferred
• 보훈대상자 및 취업보호대상자는 관련법에 의거하여 우대합니다.
• 지원서의 기재사항이 사실과 다른 것으로 확인되거나 Reference from previous employer 상에 채용상의 결격사유가 확인될 경우 합격 또는 채용이 취소될 수 있습니다
• (The company reserves the right to withdraw the offer, it if discovers subsequently that a candidate has given false information in application or has provided false or fraudulent documentation in support of his/her application. The offer is conditional upon satisfactory results of reference checks.)
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.merckgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html