Show All Results
Associate Quality Scientist
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Evaluate stable isotope products according to established protocols, provide technical support to others and perform operations in support of the group and department.
- Safely perform operations to meet quality expectations.
- Ensure safety and quality throughout the process.
- Assure you are adequately trained to perform tasks/assignments.
- Perform multi-disciplined, established assays and/or unit operations, involving stable isotope compounds.
- Clean-up equipment and working areas during and after operations.
- Complete the volume of work required to achieve group/departmental goals and meet deadlines.
- Contribute to support functions of the lab (e.g., maintain equipment, prepare reagents, restock lab supplies, waste disposal).
- Communicate the status of operations and bring deviations to the attention of supervisor.
- Provide complete and accurate records consistent with quality guidelines.
- Ensure all applicable logbooks have been filled out completely as required by current procedures.
- Interface with other departments as needed.
- Participate as needed in quality audits.
- Accurately perform procedures independently.
- Perform routine troubleshooting and miscellaneous duties or tasks as necessary.
- Ability to serve on committees to improve department, site, or company performance. Committees may focus on safety, quality, inventory, output, costs, etc.
- In compliance with change control procedures, improve processes through application of scientific knowledge, experience, and principles.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Take the necessary action to resolve any unsafe conditions.
- Develop improvement ideas, review impact of changes and document all work.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology or other Life Science discipline.
- High School Diploma with 4+ years work experience in a laboratory setting.
- Working with chemical glassware; flasks, fittings, connectors, condensers, and traps.
- Working with heating mantles, stirrers, clamps, and jacks.
- Working with compressed air lines, vacuum lines, cylinder lines, and thermocouples.
- Troubleshooting skills for chemical reactions and analytical testing.
- Ability to identify solutions based on knowledge of modern chemistry techniques.
- Weighing, measuring, pouring, filtering, and making solutions.
- Basic laboratory calculations (pH, molar concentration, percent yield, grams to moles, stoichiometric conversions, and buffer solutions).
- Interpreting analytical data and characterizing and identifying molecular compounds and gases using NMR, HPLC, GC, and MS instruments, among others.
- Analytical chemistry including instruments and methods.
- Working with organic chemistry including basic reactions (sn1, sn2, E1, E2, oxidations, reductions, carbonyl reactions, carbon-carbon bond forming reactions, and aromatic reactions).
- Working with inorganic chemistry including cations, anions, ionic bonding, salts, oxides, and organometallics.
- Working with gases including elemental gases, gas mixtures, pressure, temperature, volume, isotopic enrichment.
RSRMS MilliporeSigma Millipore Sigma
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.