Show All Results
Regional Sales Manager, Specialty Accounts
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
The Regional Sales Manager, Specialty Accounts is responsible for building and leading a strong North America account management team and will oversee sales of Patterning, Thin Film, and Planarization products to all Specialty Account customers.
- Define and implement the sales strategy for Specialty Account Customers in North America.
- Translate business strategy into concrete objectives for self and all account managers.
- Develop customer relationships to execute on strategy including opportunity pipeline management and account development plans. Use Salesforce.com to document all customer activities, opportunities, risks, wins, losses, etc. Obtain customer forecasts and update all marketing/supply chain systems to allow proper planning to meet the customers volumes.
- Develop / implement the appropriate market approach for 200+ customers in North America.
- Foster teamwork and ensure all decisions are made with a focus on customer satisfaction and delivering results.
- Own critical relationships with customers. Ensure robust customer contact plans are in place to grow customer relationships.
- Support resolution of product supply issues across the Patterning, Thin Film, and Planarization business fields.
- Utilize business and financial acumen to analyze data, prioritize opportunities, improve profitability, and make tough decisions.
- Develop growth strategies by understanding the Semiconductor markets (with an emphasis on North America) along with market trends and competitive factors.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree, science or technical discipline preferred.
- 10 plus years’ commercial experience or equivalent customer facing experience/roles.
- 30% travel expectation for this role, both domestic and international travel.
- Experience managing and developing a sales team. Demonstrated track record of successful sales/negotiations, account management/business development, new account development, and client relationships
- Possess exceptional leadership and talent development skills for a team of sales professionals
- Strong negotiations, communications, and presentation skills
- High comfort level in a high-tech, fast-paced environment
- Proven experience to independently handle contract negotiations with customers and review with Legal / Marketing business partners
- This position can be located at any of the US locations or fully remote from the US with travel to meet with account partners.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.