Show All Results
Scientist - In Vivo Immunopharmacology
A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
EMD Serono in Billerica, MA is seeking a Scientist who will be responsible for the hands-on execution of in vivo immunopharmacology studies that utilize mouse tumor models to study the anti-tumor activity of novel immuno-oncology agents. In this role you will contribute to the execution of a research strategy focused on the evaluation of novel combination approaches for cancer immunotherapy. Through applied expertise in tumor immunology, the incumbent will be charged with characterizing the immunological mechanisms associated with treatment and the identification of potential biomarkers.
- Drive early drug discovery projects in ImmunoOncology by designing and conducting in vivo pharmacology studies in murine tumor models
- Apply PK/PD relationship concepts to optimize the dose and schedule for novel biological and small molecule agents
- Handle rodents (mice and rats), prepare formulations, administer compounds via various routes (PO, IP, IV), and collect blood as well as various tissue samples for analysis
- Keep abreast of cutting-edge in vivo models that can be applied to concept discovery and drug candidate characterization
- Focus on immune readouts (i.e., FACS-based immunophenotyping, T cell activation assays, ELISA) that can be incorporated into an early clinical development setting
- Document all study results in the form of lab notebook reports and, as needed, contribute to the authorship of regulatory submission documents
- Participate in authorship of scientific publications
- Follow and promote safety instructions and regulations according to Quality Management Standards
Who You Are:
- PhD in Immunology, Cancer Biology, or other Science discipline OR
- Master’s degree in Immunology, Cancer Biology, or other Science discipline with 2+ years’ hands-on in vivo experience OR
- Bachelor’s degree in Immunology, Cancer Biology, or other Science discipline with 5+ years’ hands-on in vivo experience
- Hands-on expertise with the creation of mouse tumors models and their application in evaluating anti-cancer therapies
- Experience in developing cancer immunotherapeutics is highly desired
- Proficiency in handling rodents (mice and rats), preparing formulations, administering compounds via various routes (PO, IP, IV), and collecting blood as well as various tissue samples for analysis
- Thorough understanding of how to integrate PK/PD concepts and methods into tumor model study designs
- Experience with the use of syngeneic or humanized models to study immunotherapies is highly desirable
- Experience with cell culture; experience with molecular or cell-based in vitro assays is a plus
- Understanding of immunological readouts and their translation into early clinical trials is a major plus
- Track record of scientific accomplishment in the advancement of new therapeutic concepts
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse team setting and collaborate effectively on complex projects
- Ability to troubleshoot effectively and think proactively
- Ability to execute on multiple projects simultaneously
- Background in immunology, and specifically cancer immunology is highly desired
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.