Show All Results
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
EMD Electronics in Carlsbad, CA is seeking an EHS Specialist to provide support within our EHS Team. You will be responsible for participation in leading the site EHS functions and for providing technical support to advance EHS requirements and programs for the site. This position will help drive continuous improvement initiatives to build a best-in-class safety culture and support the company goal of achieving and maintaining a hazard free workplace, injury free employees, and an unmatched commitment to environmental stewardship.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in EHS, Occupational Safety or other Safety or Scientific discipline
- 5+ years’ EHS experience with a focus on hazardous materials
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) and/or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
- Knowledge of CA state and federal regulations (OSHA, EPA etc.), general industry concepts, practices & procedures, and experience with permitting issues, data collection and reporting
- Capability to identify known or potential hazards and develop and implement proactive corrections in conjunction with Corporate EHS support and guidance
- Experience with incident investigation and root cause analysis
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with regulatory authorities, government officials, major customers, and senior executives within the organization
- Proven leadership ability with good interpersonal skills to effectively respond to emergencies, constantly evolving situations, deadlines, or working conditions
- Demonstrated ability to work with management and diverse employee populations to develop and lead effective EHS programs in a matrix organization
- Experience conducting Safety and Environmental training and developing training material as required by site and corporate standards and federal, state, and local regulatory requirements
- Experience managing and maintaining EHS recordkeeping systems to track EHS events, self-assessments, inspections, training, metrics, risk assessments, and corrective actions
- Familiarity with ISO 14001/45001 management systems
- Familiarity with the Guiding Principles of Responsible Care®/RC14001 is a plus
- Familiarity with OSHA’s HAZWOPER standard. Experience as an emergency responder a plus
- Understanding of EHS management system (ISO45001/ISO14001) and OSHA 511/521 (or equivalent)
- Problem-solving skills and Root Cause Analysis (5-Why, Fishbone, 4M, 5M or 6M)
- Understanding of Health and Safety practices (OSHA, DOT or COI experience)
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.