Show All Results
Process Data Engineer
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, the Process Data Engineer will work in a dynamic, high purity filter production environment, supporting data collection and analysis of equipment and product data from multiple production lines. You will collaborate with site-wide and global teams to support advanced analytics between business sites.
- Develop expert knowledge of multiple data collection systems used in production environment (SQL, Access, AspenTech, OSI-Pi, MES).
- Interface with complex machinery with PLC/HMI, data transfer with Rockwell software, and ability to map tags for data collection.
- Extract multiple data sets from various sources to provide requested information.
- Work closely with business users and data analysts to design reports and data trending dashboards.
- Engineer solutions to capture high quality production data and automate/streamline/simplify manual data entry.
- Act as a third level support for critical applications; analyze and resolve complex incidents and debug problems.
- Participate in end-to-end project lifecycle, from requirements analysis to go-live and operations of an application.
- Work out the best possible balance between technical feasibility and business requirements.
- Document technical work in a professional and transparent way.
- Develop validation protocols and reports in support of cGMP requirements.
- Initiate reviews, approve change requests, and develop implementation solutions to support operational needs.
- Facilitate training for individuals involved with the operation and maintenance of processes and equipment introduced to the manufacturing department.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physical Sciences or other field.
- 2+ years of experience in system engineering, software development or manufacturing engineering.
- Instrumentation and PLC / code knowledge.
- Lean 6 Sigma experience with green or black belt preferred.
- An enthusiastic team player with strong engineering and computer skills.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.