Show All Results
Platform Automation Engineer
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At MilliporeSigma, the Platform Automation Engineer will join the Infra & Release team who is developing the next generation of Digital Bioprocessing applications leveraging Information and Operational technologies. You will be responsible for supporting the development and maintenance of the platform and infrastructure solutions consumed by the Process Automation & Development (PAD) group and be accountable for the provision, deployment, managing, and troubleshooting of the Windows Servers (bare metal and VMs), VMWare, and AWS infrastructure resources.
- Build custom images for each provider.
- Develop PowerShell and PowerShell DSC scripts to provision, configure and manage Windows Servers.
- Create and implement CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins Server and AzureDevops pipelines.
- Develop automation scripts (servers and infrastructure configuration).
- Manage virtualized environments (AWS, VMWare)..
- Research, analyze, recommend, and select technical approaches for solving challenging development and integration problems.
- Create and maintain documentation relating to processes, wikis, and knowledge-based articles.
- Participate in audit readiness and remediation tasks, including representing IT topics where required.
Minimum Required Qualification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any Computer Field, Science or Engineering.
- 5+ years of systems infrastructure and engineering experience.
- 3+ years of experience in scripting and task automation using tools such as PowerShell, .Net, java groovy, or other languages.
- Experience implementing CI/CD (e.g., Jenkins, Azure DevOps) and cloud technologies, managing Windows Server, on-prem virtualization technologies like VMWare and Hyper-V, Infrastructure as Code (e.g., Terraform, CloudFormation, ARM) networking, VPNs, computer infrastructure (servers, databases, firewalls, load balancers), and developing/maintaining production-grade systems in virtualized environments.
- Version control system experience (e.g., Git).
- IT security and data protection.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a project team.
- AWS/Azure certification
- Microsoft certification
- Hashicorp Terraform certification
- Hashicorp stack (packer, terraform, consul …) certification
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.