Show All Results
Draftsman - CAD Technician
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
As a CAD Technician you will be responsible for generating, updating, and maintaining all CAD drawings and records associated with the Hometown Facility. This list includes but is not limited to; Process Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s), Electrical Single Line Drawings, and Plant layout (mechanical, utility, office) and site drawings. Additionally, you will support plant mechanical integrity efforts through inspections, audits, recordkeeping, and action item completion. Key responsibilities:
- Plant Process P&ID’s
- Electrical Drawings
- Plant Layout Drawings
- Site drawings
- Process and mechanical specifications
- Print sheet sets for permitting, meetings, and field use
- Field verification of drawings
- Conceptual drawing development; isometrics
- Field sketch mechanical components
- Master planning development drawings
- Posters, signs, labels, and tags
- Asset Tag management
- Coordination of printer and plotter maintenance
- Mechanical Integrity support for inspections, audits, recordkeeping, and action item tracking
Who You Are:
- High school diploma or GED
- 3+ years of CAD experience within a manufacturing or industrial environment
- 1+ years of experience in MicroStation, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite
- Associates Degree in Mechanical Drafting & Design, Mechanical Engineering Technology, or other technical degree
- Experience in a chemical plant environment
- Self-motivated and self-starter with the ability to work on multiple activities and projects in an organized and timely manner
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with capability of interacting with multi-discipline teams including plant operators, maintenance crafts, engineers, technicians, and management
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.