Show All Results
Information Security Consultant (all genders)
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your Role: The Information Security Consultant position is an integral member of our cyber security organization. In this role you will consult and support cyber security operations across our business units and Group functions to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability across the company’s IT and OT assets, software-based products, and applications. Your main task is ensuring that cyber security policies, standards, controls, and regulatory requirements are properly understood and implemented. As a member of the Secure business enablement-team, your main responsibilities are to maintain high caliber of expertise on technical cyber security topics to act as a ‘center of excellence’ to the business and become a solution-oriented partner to the business. You partner with business stakeholders across the company and drive the adoption of cyber security practices and controls in line with the defined risk appetite and policy/standards (e.g., problem solve in projects to “get to yes” when it comes to considering cyber security) in all domains of IT, OT, IoT and software-based products. Also, you support, help and consult all business units to execute cyber security operations across all domains (IT, OT, IoT, software-based products) through close and ongoing communication with business unit representatives. Furthermore you collaborate with internal cyber strategy, governance, assurance risk management team to identify fundamentals gaps in cyber security execution in business units. You foster a culture of secure application development by assisting product teams in embracing secure coding best practices and frameworks and practices to ensure compliance.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in intelligence studies, computer science, engineering or related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with a focus on cyber security risk management, policy setting, assurance, audit or equivalent
- Validated experience and knowledge across multiple information security domains (e.g., IT, OT, IoT and products)
- Good knowledge of industry leading Cybersecurity standards and groups: ISA, IEC, ISO, NIST, Namur, ENISA, BSI, and other Critical Infrastructure and Essential Services requirements
- Capability to understand and take into account different business needs when carrying out cyber security operations
- One or more industry-recognized security professional certificates (e.g. CISA, CISM, CISSP, CSSP)
- Strong interpersonal communication, positive customer service and effective collaboration skills
- Strong analytical skills, problem-solving attitude, and capability to make decisions even in hard situation
- Proficient in English, additional language skills (e.g., German) considered as an advantage
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.merckgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html