Show All Results
Senior Scientist, Molecular Development Services
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
You will support Millipore Sigma’s Contract Testing services in this role. You will be responsible for providing scientific and regulatory advice to internal and external parties relating to biological product characterization and safety. You will provide expert scientific leadership to ensure that all aspects of project development, validation or custom testing are carried out with appropriate scientific integrity while ensuring on time delivery and compliance to appropriate quality and regulatory standards.
You will be responsible for the evaluation of existing and new technologies with the aim of ensuring that our contract testing services remain relevant and meet the demands of industry. Critical to the success of the role is the ability to maintain effective working relationships with the wider organization including peers within Commercial, Operational, Quality and Program Management, Laboratory Scientists and external vendors and clients.
- Serve as a direct point of contact for clients requiring custom technical support and strategies.
- Serve as a critical contributor in the development of new services or improvement of existing services by creating, designing, executing and implementing new lab technologies and approaches that are in alignment with company strategy.
- Work with Development Services leadership to identify opportunities for business growth.
- Provide excellent technical and regulatory knowledge and advice relating to Biological safety testing.
- Accountable for delivering new lab developments and method validation on time and within budget.
- Keep project teams informed of project status, technical problems or other issues which could impact service delivery.
- Prepare technical reports, project summaries, protocols, SOP’s and position papers as required.
- Approve/authorize written study procedures, amendments, events and investigational plans.
Who You Are:
- Ph.D. with 5+ years of industry experience within molecular biology, virology or biochemistry OR Masters with 10+ years of relevant industry experience.
- PCR assay development, optimization, and validation experience.
- Working knowledge and hands on experience in developing robust analytical methods.
- Background in the validation and life-cycle management of methods and their critical reagents.
- Experience in testing and documentation requirements to meet GMP compliance and guidelines.
- Customer facing and/or stakeholder management experience.
- Ability to effectively allocate resources across multiple projects and deliver on aggressive timelines.
- Ability to lead from the bench in problem solving and the development of innovative solutions.
- Ability to travel locally and globally (travel expected to be less than 10%)
- Experience working in a CRO, CMDO, CMO environment.
- Experience with liquid handlers or automation experience.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.