Show All Results
Thought Leader Liaison - Houston, TX
A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
The Neurology & Immunology Thought Leader Liaison directly engages Key Thought Leaders at Multiple Sclerosis centers, academic institutions and private neurology practices nationally, with direct accountability for meeting commercial objectives aligned to MAVENCLAD and REBIF. The TLL is a product and company knowledge expert who develops business strategies to continue to build EMD Serono’s reputation and credibility in the Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and neurology space. This role serves as the primary point of contact between diverse external and internal customers, with responsibility for identifying customer needs and providing solutions to develop relationships with Key Thought Leaders (KTLs) and improve customer satisfaction. The TLL serves as the Product and Services expert for Rebif and Mavenclad, ultimately delivering superior customer service to MS Centers nationally.
This is a field based position in the Houston, TX area.
- Develop and cultivates strong clinical relationships with the MS/Neurology medical community including MS Centers, Priority/National accounts and teaching institutions, with an emphasis on uncovering unmet clinical needs and providing solutions perceived by customers as best in class (customer centric mindset and approach).
- Develop deep customer/market insights at the territory level to compliantly build long term relationships, broader access and advocacy.
- Achieve Commercial goals defined at a National and Area level where the individual operates and executes activities consistent with the Company and Therapeutic Area guidelines, PhRMA guidelines and utilizing our Competency Model as a reference.
- Responsible for growing advocacy of Mavenclad and Rebif at an Area level while working alongside the overlapping ABM who is responsible and compensated for the activity of individual prescribers.
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of account plans, through a synergistic approach with EMD Serono colleagues across Marketing, Sales, Market Access & Patient Support Programs/MS Lifelines in a compliant manner. Account plans include cross-functional activities that synergistically enhance clinical outcomes and customer satisfaction.
- Independently conduct data analysis and explore industry trends, translating those into solid business strategies and action plans.
- Develop and execute plans including strategies and actions that further position EMD Serono as the primary MS solutions partner for MS Centers and teaching institutions. Plans must include clear objectives and key discussion points for specific customer-facing activities, including those at major professional congresses such as AAN, CMSC, and ECTRIMS.
- Plan and implement effective professional education programs.
- Leverage virtual tools and platforms to maximize existing opportunities of engaging with customers remotely, to develop and cultivate relationships whenever necessary
- Provide only input on selection of speakers to integrate into N&I speaker bureau (note: the speaker selection decision and contracting process will be conducted by the home office) programs. Conduct speaker training sessions when necessary.
- Understand and drive the TA strategic business focus for the future by staying abreast of industry trends and shifts in MS treatment approaches, while maintaining superior level of knowledge about product reimbursement/formulary and market access.
- Seek out, foster and cultivate the highest level of home office and regional relationships to determine and communicate additional market opportunities, as well as create and participate in internal programs necessary to effectively seize these opportunities (i.e., internal focus groups, field tests, etc.).
- Actively demonstrate the highest level of professionalism, ethical behavior, compliance and integrity in all aspects of the role.
- Conducts field rides, meeting presentations and other Leadership level activities
Who you are:
- Bachelor's Degree in business or science
- English required; other language skills may be considered a plus.
- Minimum 8-10 or more years field sales, product marketing, or medical / clinical experience in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in the MS, Neurology and/or specialty biologics markets, with sustainable proven track record of building relationships within the medical communities in these areas.
- Minimum 2 years TLL experience with a proven track record of success
- Advanced degree in business or science preferred.
- Experience in institutional sales and/or large account selling a plus.
- Experience launching new products and/or services in specialty biologics markets is a plus.
- Demonstrated science acumen and ability to work as a clinical solutions partner
- Demonstrated an ability to drive innovative solutions and think outside of the box
- Lead high impact account team/s across Area, Region, Nation that drives KOL engagement
- Experience building robust account plans
- Experience collaborating and co-leading along with cross functional partners to deliver new tools and solutions for the TLL organization
- Experience leading national and regional projects
- Demonstrated strategic and critical thinking skills to bring about positive outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to influence without authority.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills. Ability to collaborate effectively across functions in a complex organization and business environment.
- Has a proven track record of building strong relationships with Neurologist within region
- Fluency using virtual/digital communication tools/platforms
- Maintain a high personal level of accountability and ownership of results. Self-motivated professional who thrives on challenges.
- Valid and active driver’s license is required.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.