Show All Results
Material handler 1
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At MilliporeSigma, the Material Handler I will receive and store purchased and inter-company transferred goods. The Material Handler I will also pick, pack, ship and distribute goods, as well as participate in physical inventories of warehouse. This position is D-shift Sat-Sun-Mon, 7am-7pm. Training on A-shift, Mon-Fri, 7am-3pm for up to 3 months may be required. Overtime may be required during peak periods.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Receive all incoming materials storing at the correct location. Inspect and compare with packing lists, bills of lading, purchase orders, discrete jobs, variances, and MRA's
- Report discrepancies or damaged goods
- Pull products for customer orders, discrete jobs for shipments or assemblies noting items for FIFO, lot numbers
- Ability to use and operate hand trucks and pallet movers
- Ability to lift, tug or pull up to fifty (50) pounds
- Safety shoes & PPE (gloves, safety glasses) required
Who you are:
- High School diploma or GED
- 1+ year(s) of experience shipping and receiving goods
- Basic computer skills.
- Good interpersonal skills are required.
- Good written & verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software relating to receiving activities desired.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of hand trucks and pallet mover.
- Inventory Control experience, Inbound/Outbound shipping receiving experience highly preferred.
- Oracle knowledge is helpful.
- Looking for someone dependable with a good work ethic.
- Experience with cGMP compliance, ISO regulations, Federal Express, UPS, and other carrier procedures.
- Willingness to cross train in other job functions (I.E. Warehouse/Picker)
- Experience with cycle counting and inventory
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.