Show All Results
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Manufacturing Supervisor in Lenexa, Kansas will Lead a team of production operators to ensure manufacturing is executed to plan in a safe, compliant manner according to established standard operating procedures (SOPs).
This is a night shift role. Rotational Night Shift: 7:00pm - 7:30am.
Week 1: Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Week 2: Wednesday, Thursday
- Ensure a safe working environment by following all safety guidelines, maintaining a safety-first culture, and ensuring operations are performed in a safe working manner, in compliance with all safety policies and regulations.
- Manage Production Operators to manufacture products according to all established procedures and specifications.
- Provide guidance, feedback, and coaching to direct reports. Manage performance to establish goals and provide development support.
- Manage staffing to ensure production schedule is executed to plan.
- Identify and implement improvements in quality and productivity.
- Maintain and establish production department Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Audit staff and systems to ensure all SOPs are being followed as written. Update SOPs as needed.
- In conjunction with the Production Planners, confirm production schedules and deploy resources to meet the agreed-upon schedule.
- Collaborate closely with other teams to assist in the implementation and validation of new products and production systems.
- Control and maintain department supply inventory levels to ensure sufficient quantities to meet the needs of Production.
- Identify areas for optimization of equipment and supplies and assist with problem resolution.
- Interact with customers during audits and assist in the investigation of production-related incidents and audit deficiencies. Recommend and implement appropriate corrective and preventive action.
- Perform other duties as needed.
*** Sign on bonus of $5000***
Who you are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, or other Life Science Discipline
- Supervisory experience in a pharmaceutical or life science manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes such as powder manufacturing, pharmaceutical manufacturing, and/or product packaging
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills
- Knowledge of safety and ergonomics as relevant to a manufacturing environment
- Leadership and communication skills with demonstrated ability to coach and develop direct reports
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.