Show All Results
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Chemist I role will focus on new CMP slurry product development, with a focus on the abrasive component research and development. You will work in a team consisting of other chemists/scientists, developing next generation abrasive particles for CMP slurries that provide technical solutions to semiconductor industry needs.
- Understand and follow proper laboratory safety protocols for handling chemicals, including wearing proper protective equipment.
- Perform general laboratory duties, including preparing solutions, calibrating tools, measuring physical properties, cleaning/washing, and general lab organization.
- Perform other laboratory duties as assigned.
- Assist the Research Scientist with project related tasks.
- Data process, analysis, and reporting.
- Work closely with internal teams, e.g., analytical, and engineering teams.
- Maintain chemical laboratory equipment performance by establishing quality standards; developing operations, quality, and troubleshooting procedures; ensuring staff compliance; certifying instrument performance; arranging equipment replacement, service, and repair.
- Maintain chemical laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Maintain chemical laboratory productivity by monitoring workload of functional areas, making operational or staffing adjustment.
- Work closely with customer technology team and develop new CMP product that meets customer requirements.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, or similar Scientific field and 1+ years of experience in a Chemical laboratory, formulations laboratory, or science or R&D laboratory environment
- Or an associate degree in Chemistry with 5+ years of experience in a Chemical laboratory, formulations laboratory, or science or R&D laboratory environment
- 1+ year of experience in a R&D Chemical Mechanical Planarization (CMP) formulations laboratory
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications especially Microsoft Excel
- Highly organized, good communication skills, ability to work in both a team environment and independently
- Easily adaptable to changing priorities
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.