Show All Results
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Scientist II is the primary scientific resource for a particular scientific lab. In this role, you assume all aspects of the lead role in new assays in line with appropriate quality driven requirements and regulations. You will perform safety testing required to manufacture clinical and commercial products and is also expected to suggest or implement assay / process improvements.
The Scientist II is required to make scientific observations, maintain detailed workbooks/ documentation and ensure all documentation fulfills generally accepted professional/industry standards. Requirements also include maintaining a thorough understanding of MilliporeSigma services, technical principles and applications. For GLP studies, perform all aspects of the role of Study Director with overall scientific responsibility for the study design, interpretation, and reporting of study results.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Act as the technical expert for specific defined area(s) of business.
- Act as the lead scientist on “new customer assay” projects.
- Liaise closely with client representatives to ensure their expectations are met or exceeded. This should include input into technical design of new custom assays and ongoing scientific support throughout these projects / programs.
- May serve as study director and ensures timely initiation and completion of all studies.
- Ensures testing is performed in accordance with SOPs and regulations (cGMP and GLP) for custom/non routine and new services.
- Participate and/or drive assay development/ assay transfer and/or assay validation activities.
- Drive implementation of new services.
- Participate in critical event / lab investigations within Biologics and liaise with Program Management to ensure the significance of events is actively communicated to clients.
- Work with operational departments within area of expertise to update assays in line with the appropriate Validation Master Plan and client / regulatory expectations.
- Lead by example, offer scientific coaching and mentoring to other staff members (training and scientific support for ongoing projects).
- Monitor industry trends to ensure that company remains at the forefront of scientific advancements in the field of Biologics; review and recommend potential technical developments to senior management.
- Provide regular updates of technical developments, new assays, innovation within the industry to Operations teams, Support teams (as relevant), and other members of the Technical Support group.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement within Biologics; act as champion on initiatives and/or projects to drive improvement in quality and / or client service.
- Prepare and present (internally and externally) scientific data, abstracts, papers, posters, etc. to advance the reputation of company within the marketplace.
- Responsible for assay / method / process validation ensuring assays / methods / processes are maintained in a validated state within area of expertise.
- Track and trend key assay / production parameters and recommend courses of action to address any adverse trends and / or issues that arise.
- Provide technical advice and support for client and regulatory interactions (audits, meetings, teleconferences and inspections).
- May support sales in the field and attend client visits with account managers.
Who You Are:
- Ph.D. in a scientific field (i.e., Biology, Biotechnology, etc.) with 2+ years laboratory experience – OR –
- Master’s degree in a scientific field (i.e., Biology, Biotechnology, etc.) with 5+ years laboratory experience – OR –
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field (i.e., Biology, Biotechnology, etc.) with 7+ years laboratory experience
- Broad working knowledge of field and experience with relevant laboratory practices, techniques, equipment, materials and mathematical calculations
- Intermediate skills in applicable computer programs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills that have been demonstrated through presentations/seminars, oversight of projects, implementation of new services, etc.
- Excellent time management skills
- Highly collaborative as well as independent
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative and leadership capabilities
- Effective coaching and training skills for complex and highly technical work
- Highly, technically competent
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.