Show All Results
Manufacturing Lead I
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At MilliporeSigma, the Manufacturing Lead I will oversee day-to-day operations and report to the manufacturing department supervisor. The Manufacturing Lead I will drive safety and quality to maximize production efforts in a team environment.
- The working hours for this role are A-shift 6am-2pm Mon-Fri
- Accomplish manufacturing goals by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring and appraising job results, coaching/counselling team members, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
Who You Are:
• High school diploma or GED
• 3+ years of experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Associates degree or vocational tech training
- Experience managing team strengths and addressing any training/staffing gaps, as well as ensuring KPI measurables are met consistently
- Familiarity with EH&S, ISO, cGMP, and other regulatory procedures in a manufacturing environment
- Certified Lean/Six Sigma experience (e.g. belt certifications, root cause analysis training, and kaizen experience) and knowledge of lock out tag out and electrical safety
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
- Interpersonal and teamwork involvement, detail-oriented, people-oriented, and results driven
- Able to drive continuous improvement with a focus on reducing downtime, developing effective capacity modeling to address future constraints, and improving overall team efficiencies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and proven problem-solving ability with good decision-making capabilities
- Desire to share and advance best practices
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.