Show All Results
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The position supports BMW operations in the Life Science Division. Lead and implement Projects for packaging/manufacturing. Handle quality issues that are related to customer complaints and quality notifications. Standardize packaging materials and practices between sites. Specify alternate packaging configurations. Enter new and edit existing Bill of Materials and recipe creation in SAP for products. Identify and implement the primary, secondary and tertiary packaging materials. Ensure a superior customer experience on receiving their order by having world class packaging and reducing damaged or leaking products. Assist in the quoting of new business. Work with packaging teams to develop and implement continuous road maps dealing with automation, equipment replacement schedules, and lab environments for operators to share innovation.
Essential job functions include:
- Manages projects as they relate to packaging materials, products and automation
- Executes projects as they are related to the department’s strategic plan
- Help with development of packaging performance testing
- Responsible for leading packaging automation roadmap strategies for the North campus
- Resource for packaging line operation
- Resource for Packaging OpEx improvements
- Assist in the quoting of new business
- Develop and evaluated equipment documentation for operational implementation
- Responsible for following global packaging policies that are in existence
- Responsible implementing IMQA procedures when warranted
- Responsible for working with Operation teams on design and implementation of projects that are uniquely involving both groups
- Responsible for regulatory compliance related to employee hazmat employee training and hazmat packaging performance testing and recordkeeping where applicable
- Responsible for special projects, data analysis, and tracking status of projects to completion
- Interface with multiple systems for updating and adding documentation where applicable
- Ensures service excellence to internal and external customers
- Developing business cases and/or capital requests for projects
- Ability to communicate well verbally as well as written
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or technical field
- 1 + years of packaging engineering or process engineering or expertise within the field
- 5 + years of packaging engineering experience
- 3 + years of dangerous goods packaging engineering
- General background in packaging
- Mathematics, Modeling and Statistics
- Exceptional written and verbal Communication skills
- Advanced computer software skills and tools
- Knowledge of demand planning tools
- Financial acumen to develop business cases
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma techniques
- Knowledge of DOT, IATA, and IMDG transportation regulations
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.