Show All Results
Data Scientist - Text Analytics and Natural Language Processing
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Who you are: As the Data Scientist, you will work in our global Reporting and Analytics team of the CFO Digital Strategy & Realization Organization. Our mission is to architect, design and refines analytics solutions supplying substantial and effective answers to business problems. We provide Digital Leadership for Analytics Initiatives across the Group Functions such as Finance, Procurement and HR. With our expertise, we support initiatives to produce practical and impactful analytic solutions for our customers. Operating in an agile environment, we closely work with internal and external partners like our Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Functional Experts, Data Architects, Data Scientists and IT Engineers to deliver sustainable analytical solutions and drive informed business decisions.
Your focus will be on performing analytics in the area of Natural Language Processing (NLP), Machine Learning and Predictive Modelling, from gaining data and business understanding through data preparation and modeling, model evaluation to the result presentation and the solution deployment. In your role, you will apply a variety of models on large-scale datasets to address various business problems using advanced techniques. You will write high-quality production code, build and maintain robust, scalable project pipelines, document and validate the approach, set up processes to monitor, operate and continually improve the efficiency and performance of the implemented solutions.
With your passion for data and analytics, let’s create new business insights from unstructured and structured data!
• Graduated with a higher degree in computer science, information technology, information science, or similar fields
• 5+ years of working experience in designing, developing and implementing machine learning/deep learning models (supervised or unsupervised), preferably applied to the text data
• Strong programming skills in Python
• Excellent knowledge of commonly used NLP, machine learning, and deep learning libraries such as PyTorch, Keras, Transformers, SKLearn, Gensim, SpaCy, or NLTK.
• Experience in preprocessing and parsing text data stored in various formats such as PPT, DOC, PDF, and especially scanned documents using OCR technology
• Good understanding of document indexing systems such as Elastic search or Solr
• Expertise in agile software development, version control (git), continuous integration/deployment (CI/CD)
• Experience with distributed computing with Apache Spark (pyspark)
• Knowledge of microservices, RESTful APIs, Dockers and AWS Container Services is a plus
• Experience in services offered by cloud technologies, preferably AWS.
• Proficient in English in written and verbal communication
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.merckgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html