Show All Results
Sr. Analyst- REPORTING & ANALYTICS
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Job title: Specialist TMIC and Sales Analytics
Location: Bengaluru, India
Reports To: TMIC & Reporting Manager
A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: Our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
You would join the TMIC (Territory Management and Incentive Calculation) and Reporting team which is part of the Western Europe Sales Enablement Organization in the Life Science Research Solutions Division. You would be located in a Merck Subsidiary in Bengaluru, India. You will work in close collaboration with the Research Sales Organization as well as with Finance, Reporting, Payroll, and Process Excellence Organizations. This role is responsible for all activities associated with commercial reporting, report/dashboard development, as well as Incentive Compensation Plan development, management, calculation and execution. As you’ll be working with highly sensitive data, accuracy, reliability and secrecy are prerequisites for this position.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s/Master's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Statistics, Data Analytics, Computer Science or related field.
- Proficient in SAP Business Objects, Tableau, MS Office, CRM (Salesforce.com), Palantir Big Data environment or similar
- Advanced proficiency in Excel functions such as complex formulas, macros, Power Pivots
- Experience using big data analytics applications and programs such as Python preferred
- Proficient working with extracting, formatting, validating and analyzing large data sets
- Ability to thrive in a maxtrixed environment
- A sound knowledge of written and spoken English
- Experience in the life science, pharmaceutical or biotech industry preferred
- Proficient in self-organization, proactive time management, structured planning & execution, customer orientation
- Maintaining territory alignment files, customer and account assignments
- Working directly with Sales Management to create individual sales targets based on annual operating plan; communicates and maintains sales targets
- Calculating quarterly and annual commission payouts; interfacing with Sales Management and Finance for audit and approval; communicating achievement to Sales
- Acting as the key contact point for Sales Management for all sales territory and commission related questions - identify missing sales, resolve sales recognition issues, manage territory changes and account assignments, as well as crediting adjustments
- Working with Sales Management to design, test, optimize and implement Incentive compensation plans
- Managing development and deployment of incentive plan documentation, calculator files, and performance reports
- Performing analytics on IC Plan effectiveness
- Supporting Sales and Sales Enablement with sales contest design, analysis and reporting
- Execute assigned projects as needed and recommend and deliver process improvements
- Supporting international internal customers with data analysis and reporting.
- Create insightful reporting and dashboards for the commercial org. to increase salesforce efficiencies
- Acting as one of the key contact points for territory-based sales analytics
- Working directly with Sales Mgmt. to support them in data analytics topics
- Usage of modern analytics methods to support the development of fact driven mgmt. strategies
- Development of analytics tools in Tableau, Palantir Big Data environment and SAP BI
- Work on adhoc requests when assigned.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.merckgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html