Show All Results
PKDX Research Associate, In Vivo
A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The New Chemical Entities Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics (NCE DMPK) department at EMD Serono Research and Development Institute in Billerica, MA is hiring a Research Associate for performing in vivo pharmacokinetics studies in preclinical species. The NCE DMPK department is responsible for the overall non-clinical drug disposition contribution to small molecule projects, to fulfill internal and regulatory requirements with emphasis on absorption, distribution, and metabolism in order to support an integrated evaluation of activity, toxicity and value of our compounds. The Research Associate is a laboratory-based role within Discovery DMPK. You will contribute to project progression by performing pharmacokinetics studies with NCEs, primarily in rats and mice.
- Planning and setting up in-life PK studies in rodents
- Dosing and tissue sampling to support PK, PK/PD experiments with NCEs
- Providing support and/or technical assistance to research staff with procedures including restraint, medication, dosing, specimen collection and euthanasia of animals as needed
- Contributing to the design and implementation of in vivo experiments
- Providing training on technical skills for junior level associates as well as new members of the vivarium and scientific staff, as needed
- Maintaining all associated records for studies including an electronic lab notebook
- Maintaining relevant laboratory equipment for optimal productivity, monitoring inventory, and purchasing supplies
Who you are:
- High School diploma or GED with 5+ years of experience in animal handling and dosing, or a Bachelor's degree in Biology, Pharmacology or similar Science with 2+ years of experience in animal handling and dosing, or an associate degree in Laboratory Animal Science/Technology or similar Science field with 3+ years of experience in animal handling and dosing
- Proficiency in basic rodent techniques: PO, IP, SQ, IM, IV injections; blood collection via tail and/or submandibular vein, cardiac puncture; euthanasia, etc.
- Experience with collecting tissues from PK studies and preparing samples for analysis
- Experience in handling cannulated animals
- Experience conducting PK, PK/PD and in vivo efficacy experiments
- Rodent colony management experience, including an understanding of animal health checks, record keeping, etc.
- Experience maintaining documents for compliance and good record-keeping skills
- Ability to work independently and to interact well with co-workers conducting in vivo experiments
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.