Show All Results
Facilities Maintenance Tech II
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Senior level Facilities Maintenance Technician will be primarily responsible for performing preventive and corrective maintenance on facility equipment. They will also supervise/monitor the activities of outside contractors/vendors to ensure compliance with all Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) standards.
- Perform daily rounds and reading, inspect all equipment and work areas for any mechanical/electrical problems or safety hazards.
- Review work plans and issue Safety Work Permits, including lockout/tagout.
- Ensure that all safety procedures are followed. Maintain required safety documentation.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance and troubleshooting on central plant and facilities systems such as boilers, chillers, air handlers, vacuum systems, pumps, exhaust systems, acid waste neutralization systems etc.
- Use SAP maintenance system to query for open work orders and planned maintenance jobs. Complete open work orders for building maintenance activities. Training will be provided as necessary.
- Respond to off hour call-ins for equipment alarms on a rotating on-call schedule.
- Utilize Building Monitoring System (BMS) to evaluate system readiness and execute changes to equipment set up and condition.
- Coordinate preventive maintenance activities with other groups (MFG/Labs/Technology) as required.
- Coordinate with outside vendors and contractors as required to perform repairs, calibrations, or changes to building/equipment.
- Prioritize and work multiple tasks as dictated by business needs.
- Assist with troubleshooting of down equipment as necessary.
Who you are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5+ years of experience in building facilities and/or central plant role.
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical safety.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics and P&ID’s.
- Basic knowledge of computers & proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and data entry.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Basic Math Skills.
- SAP experience.
- Controls/PLC experience.
- Military experience or technical diploma.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.