Show All Results
Senior Associate Quality Scientist
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, the Senior Associate Quality Scientist will perform Quality Control activities in support of raw materials of cGMP products, including routine testing (in-house and compendial) and peer review of data. In addition, testing of Environmental Monitoring (EM) and cleaning verification samples will be performed.
- Perform routine testing and peer review of raw material samples through adherence to applicable GMP requirements.
- Utilize written procedures to perform routine and non-routine product testing.
- Revise procedures through use of the Document Management System (DMS) following Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
- Work in accordance with current GMPs and demonstrate proper laboratory safety and housekeeping practices.
- Participate in method development and validation activities to support product testing.
- Contribute to support function of the laboratory through participation in laboratory audits to maintain compliance.
- Participate in deviation investigations.
- Train analysts on basic analytical techniques.
- Contribute and lead process improvement projects.
- Wear personal protective equipment including but not limited to: safety glasses, gloves and respirator
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in the Life or Physical Sciences field and 2 + years of GMP laboratory experience
- General laboratory techniques (theory and practice)
- Experience with various laboratory equipment
- Working Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices for pharmaceutical manufacturing (21 CFR 210 & 211 and/or ICH Q7A)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
- Strong time management, verbal and written communication skills
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.