Show All Results
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
EMD Electronics is seeking a Supervisor for its MEGASYS® team at Austin, TX, and offering a $1000 Sign-on Bonus! This is a challenging, hands-on, rewarding job opportunity for people who want to join a growing business.
Benefits to working with our team include:
- ** Sign on bonus of $1000 available! **
- Comprehensive, paid, on the job training program that allows our employees to quickly learn critical technical skills to excel in this role and rapidly progress in their careers.
- Full tuition reimbursement available!
- Excellent benefits including a starting vacation allowance of 3 weeks, strong 401k programs and access to healthcare!
The Supervisor will oversee technicians working on systems that maintain supply of chemicals to a semiconductor manufacturing environment that makes the chips used in electronic devices such as Smart Phones, LED's, and Flat Screen TV's. This is a challenging, hands-on, rewarding job opportunity for people who want to join a growing business.
MEGASYS® is the branded name for EMD Electronics services offering where EMD Electronics technicians and engineers provide on-site gas and chemical/slurry management on an ongoing contractual basis. MEGASYS® personnel are assigned on a full-time basis ranging from 7 day / 24-hour coverage to periodic service calls. The scope of supply includes services maintaining the operation, and repair of gas distribution equipment; bulk liquid gases management, gas blending equipment; life safety systems, and first responder services. They will ensure compliance in operation and procedures, emergency preparedness, and drive flawless execution.
- Developing and maintaining company inspection reports for safety and quality
- Auditing operations and maintenance areas according to quality and safety standards.
- Ensuring processes and procedures comply with company standards as well as Federal and State law.
- Validating all test equipment is calibrated and working correctly
- Reporting quality and safety issues immediately via the escalation process
- Collating test data and drafting quality and safety reports
- Identifying possible areas for improvement in quality control processes and safety
- Ensuring Operations is executing their task with Safety and Quality on each shift
- 40% of walking throughout the facility (5-6 miles per day)
- Climbing of ladders up to 12-foot-tall (utilizing fall protection)
- Basic lifting (up to 40lbs)
- Bending of the knees and overhead reaching
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering field
- 2+ years of high-volume manufacturing experience
- Awareness of six sigma techniques
- Advanced organizational skills.
- Experience drafting reports and collating data.
- Ability to work alone with minimal supervision.
- Ability to analyze and interpret technical information.
- Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- Awareness of ISO9000 / ISO9001
- Understanding of ISO14001
- Knowledge of measurement
- Understanding of engineering drawings
- Understanding manufacturing processes
- Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment
- Ability to plan and prioritize activities
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving skills and Root Cause Analysis (5-Why, Fishbone, 4M, 5M or 6M)
- Understanding of Health and Safety practices (Strong OSHA, DOT or COI Experience)
- Team working skills
- Analytical skills
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.