Show All Results
Manager, Project Management
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
In this role you will manage individual contributors within the Project Management Office to ensure a client centric relationship with clients, measured partly by accurate and timely service delivery.
The role establishes processes and provides direction and support. In alignment with global colleagues, you will focus on creating and instilling consistency and best practices utilization within the team, but still balancing these standard methodologies with the unique needs of our clients. This role includes coaching, mentoring and developing your team, providing guidance and performance feedback.
You will work with your global counterparts to support large and/or complex global initiatives. You will organize and implement projects that influence business performance and drive operational effectiveness. Finally, this role promotes clear communication with internal and external stakeholders in support of project timelines, deliverables, and client needs.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Manage strategic projects alongside support of the wider business.
- Use metrics to drive actions, and review trends to make proactive changes.
- Manage clients to support unexpected spikes in demand.
- Prioritize projects and drive teams to collaborative solutions in a timely manner.
- Take a proactive approach to all aspects of customer service.
- Lead and support process improvement projects.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
- Experience managing complex business, commercial, or operations projects in Life Science or Pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience managing individual contributors, including experience managing supervisors.
- Expert level project/program management skills (e.g., resource planning, schedule management, critical path planning, project team communication, and risk mitigation).
- Project management certificate (PMI or equivalent).
- MBA or Master’s degree in a scientific discipline.
- Ability to prioritize projects and drive teams to collaborative solutions in a timely manner.
- Action oriented, self-motivated, and highly organized with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- People oriented, an experienced coach who excels at mentoring and coaching direct reports and stakeholders.
- Strong communicator with ability to influence and lead a team of diverse stakeholders, including executives.
- Effective in dealing directly with clients, operational teams, and commercial colleagues, globally.
- Ability to prioritize and drive teams to collaborative solutions in a timely manner.
- Strong in analytical and problem-solving abilities.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.merckgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html