Show All Results
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The purpose of the Specialty Gases Material Planner is to maintain the supply chain movements and day to day execution in support of the immediate business needs supplying the customer with on time 100% satisfaction of service and product, as well have a focus on safety and regulatory compliance.
The Material Planner will be responsible for the day-to-day execution of the supply chain for Specialty Gases materials including maintaining stocking levels in support of the customer service levels required utilizing the IST (Inventory Sizing Tool) as the standard process.
In this role you will coordinate with the larger Supply Chain Execution team for production scheduling, replenishment strategies and inventory settings along with raw material & buy-resell finished goods purchasing driven by APO. You will execute the fleet strategy in the form of conversions, new builds and dispositioning of excess fleet utilizing inventory settings for RT (empty container) planning and the creation of process orders and/or purchase orders for execution.
The Material Planner will manage any expedites required for their product lines within region and coordinate with other regions as needed. In the event there is the need for allocation, the Material Planner will escalate to the Manager for a decision to be made. The Material Planner will then manage the allocation plan.
- Day to day activities for maintaining the supply chain including strong relationships and communication with the sales team and the Customer Fulfillment functions of Customer Service and Transportation Planning
- Manage the alerts and inventory focused on a low-cost model supply chain
- Maintain master data setting needed for capacities in APO as well as inventory settings utilizing the IST
- Execute system driven purchase reqs for raw materials and buy/resale finished goods
- Determine the need for expediting and complete form for approval
- Complete rough-cut planning monthly
- Manage various stock activities including review obsolete, slow moving, blocked stock, excess inventory and perform inventory write-off at local or redeploy inventory to other regions
- Coordinate Inventory Cycle Counting
- Manage the allocation plan ensuring the priorities are met
- Coordinate imbalanced GR/IR problem solving
- Manage Credit/Debit Memos with vendor after non-conformance 8D report justified by QA
- Manage Import Licenses Application and update shipping log to USA Trade Compliance
- Manage Fleet requirements and coordinate Fleet Sizing with the Supply Chain Analyst
Who You Are:
- High school diploma or GED
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing planning including inventory management, purchasing etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Engineering, Business Management or Logistics
- 3+ years of experience in a customer focused, general planning role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in advanced planning systems, statistical forecasting tools, SAP, APO, and Microsoft Excel
- Ability to deal with large amounts of complex data and customer focus
- Experience in supply chain or logistics management, operations or product management, or other process-focused business positions, along with knowledge of work processes
- Experience with data evaluation
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.