Show All Results
Sr. Lab Automation Engineer
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As an Sr Lab Automation Engineer within the Digitization & Automation group, your primary responsibilities will be to provide support to daily operation of robotic platforms(s) and laboratory automation. The role would require an expertise in commercial automation equipment and liquid handling systems, and experience with laboratory integration.
Essential Job Functions:
- Program automation software and integrate new protocols with LIMS and peripheral devices.
- Liaise closely with management and the IT teams and end users (including support staff) to understand needs and requirements to aid in automation implementation.
- Lead by example and work collaboratively with cross functional teams to advance digitization of processes in the field of biosafety testing.
- Validate, adapt and customize new and current robotic equipment to support the automation of the lab processes.
- Continuously analyze and improve current automation in the lab by applying state of the art technology.
- Integrate and connect different robotic platforms into highly automated production lines by using best practice for both the individual platforms and their integration
- Develop and/or customize software components for the communication between the robotic platforms and the LIMS system as well as software components for the scheduling of lab processes in the automated production line
- Work together with the process chemists to design and implement specific methods / protocols for the production environment.
Who You Are:
- MS degree in technical field (ie. Engineering, Computer Science etc.) and 3+ years’ experience programming and writing scripts for liquid handling equipment.
- BS degree in a technical field (ie. Engineering, Computer Science etc.) and 5+ years’ experience programming and writing scripts for liquid handling equipment.
- Leadership acumen to analyze data and make strategic decisions.
- Understanding of GxP regulations and guidelines including 21 CFR Part 11.
- Strong scientific background.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills (ability to lead cross-functional meetings, demonstrated ability to bring consensus among diverse cross-functional teams).
- Experience aligning with cross site teams to coordinate implementation of global applications.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.