Show All Results
Head of Downstream Operations (DeKalb)
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Leadership of Packaging activities at the Dekalb site. You will be responsible for ensuring the successful ISO9001 packaging and release of products, promoting a culture of safety, quality and compliance, and continuous improvement. You will be involved in leading a multi-product packaging department, the supervision of approximately 8 staff supervisors on two shifts and an extended team of ~100 packaging team members responsible for packaging Biologic and Chemical Products. The position reports to the Site Operations Manager.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree required, in a science related field
- At least 5 years of leading an operations team involving the scheduling and coordination of staff, materials, and operations
- Ability to drive continuous improvement, leveraging data and technology to impact quality, maintain innovative thinking habits and actively seeking to partner with Quality teams to ensure highest quality operational success
- In-depth knowledge of ISO 9001 requirements
- Knowledge of Quality Systems as they relate to ISO 9001 and process optimization
- Capable of motivating others, creating a positive work climate where interdepartmental collaboration, coaching and performance feedback are continuous.
- Capable of clearly assigning objectives, clearing setting, measuring, & monitoring progress, marshaling resources and handling opposing priorities
- Knowledgeable and aligned with all pertinent safety policies, rules, and regulations.
- Implementation of proactive safety programs.
- Utilization of process improvement tools including SPC, mini-tab, and lean manufacturing principles
- Identify and mitigate risks in manufacturing that could adversely impact project outcomes and timely delivery
- Engage in internal process development activities related to technology transfer and scale-up
- Partner with Failure Investigation group to report, investigate, and resolve deviations
- Establish and maintain training requirements for packaging staff
- Develop, implement, and improve systems and procedures (SOPs, Batch Records, etc.)
- Support the PKG budget and defined areas within approved budget and contracted scope of work
- Create and track metrics demonstrating successful operations
- Assist in the preparation of business development presentations, and occasionally assist with site tours and visits
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.