Show All Results
Technical Genomics Specialist
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Who you are: As a Technical Genomics Specialist (oligonucleotide based products) you will support the growth of our custom DNA, RNA and genomics business by providing customer facing technical and sales activities. It is imperative that we provide best in class technical support to our customers. This role would provide resources to maintain and increase these activities across the globe in the form of incoming call and email support through assay / experimental design troubleshooting and sales. Furthermore, it will require occasional attendance of seminars and conferences and regular interaction with key opinion leaders. You will also be supporting the Digital/Field Sales Team to help meet/exceed set sales targets through growing existing accounts and creating additional business.
Who you are:
- Masters in a Life Science based subject. PhD or sales/technical service experience desirable
- Customer facing experience within a technical related role
- Ability and knowledge to communicate with experienced scientists
- Extensive experience using PCR, qPCR, ddPCR and RNAi.
- Experience and hands on knowledge of gene editing technologies is desirable
- Experience or working knowledge of Next Gen and Sanger sequencing desirable
- Working knowledge of genomics techniques including library screening and quantitation
- A background in technical support or sales of life science derived consumables, ideally with experience in the custom oligonucleotide market
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.merckgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html