Show All Results
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Our site in Cork is going through a significant capital investment and expansion phase, in both the existing facility in Carrigtwohill and a new startup facility in Blarney. If you are interested in being considered for suitable vacancies such as the role below, please follow link below and upload your curriculum vitae.
Reporting to the Microbiology Laboratory Supervisor, the Microbiology Laboratory Analyst is responsible for the microbiological testing of incoming raw materials, in-process samples and finished products for the Membrane, Biotools and Media manufacturing areas.
The Microbiology Laboratory Analyst will perform all activities in an efficient and competent manner with due regard to safety and quality, while ensuring a positive team environment and a focus on continuous improvement.
YOUR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adhere to all company EHS guidelines and procedures with proactive involvement in laboratory safety initiatives.
- Perform testing of incoming raw material, in-process and finished product in strict accordance with procedures to support production and shipping deadlines. Test methods in use in the laboratory include standard tests such Bioburden, Sterility and Endotoxin, as well as product-specific testing such as Retention testing.
- Perform environmental monitoring of cleanroom facilities and manufacturing areas to ensure compliance to standards.
- Perform routine testing on water systems in accordance with procedures and trend associated data as required.
- Provide technical support to Process & Technology and Production departments as required, including support for process validations, quality improvement initiatives and customer complaints.
- Perform validation and non-routine testing as required.
- Initiate laboratory investigations for atypical or out-of-specification results and participate in RCA investigations.
- Train colleagues on test methods and in the use of laboratory equipment.
- Operate, maintain and calibrate laboratory instruments.
- Update and review quality documentation such as test methods and standard operating procedures.
- B.Sc. in Microbiology or equivalent.
- Strong background in microbiology and aseptic techniques.
- Experience in LIMS, Trackwise, MES and SAP an advantage.
- Thorough, pracitcal and persistent self-starter.
- Strong motivation.
- Good communication skills
- Good computer literacy
- Good problem-solving skills.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.merckgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html