Show All Results
Text Analytics Expert
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Job Title: Text Analytics Expert (NLP)
As Text Analytics Expert, you will primarily focus on developing and maintaining Natural Language Processing (NLP) / Text Analytics applications for various business sectors within our organization. You will be working closely with data scientists, data engineers, and architects on use case ideation, proof-of-concept development, and proposing optimum solutions that cater to the business needs. You will work in an agile environment to help design, develop, and maintain NLP/Text Analytics models and data pipelines. This position is part of the Group Data Strategy.
- As a core member of the NLP team, you will research, prototype, develop, deploy and scale innovative NLP/Text Analytics/Machine Learning solutions in collaboration with other NLP Scientists, Data Engineers, and Architect(s).
- You will deploy a variety of Text Analytics models on large-scale datasets to address various business problems leveraging advanced NLP, machine learning, or deep learning techniques.
- Set up processes to monitor and continually improve the efficiency and performance of model KPIs
- Partner with data scientists to drive NLP and machine learning modeling, and experimental design such as A/B testing.
- Application development includes algorithm implementation, optimization, performance profiling, integration into production systems, testing, and documentation.
- Write high-quality production code as you build and maintain robust, scalable project pipelines.
- Graduated with a higher degree in computer science, information technology, information science, or similar fields
- 4+ years of experience in designing, developing, and implementing machine learning/deep learning models (supervised or unsupervised) preferably applied to text data
- Strong programming experience in Python
- Experienced with commonly used NLP techniques such as text preprocessing, entity extraction, entity normalization, text classification, text clustering, text similarity, text embeddings (pre-training and fine-tuning).
- Familiar with commonly used NLP, machine learning, and deep learning libraries such as PyTorch, Keras, SKLearn, Transformers, SparkNLP, Gensim, SpaCy, NLTK, and so-forth
- Good understanding of document indexing systems such as Elasticsearch and/or Solr
- Working knowledge of version control (git), and continuous integration/deployment (CI/CD). RESTful APIs and Dockers are a plus.
- Working experience in services offered by cloud technologies (AWS preferable)
- Experience with distributed computing with Apache Spark is a double plus
- Good verbal & written communication skills
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.merckgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html