Show All Results
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
About the role:
The Warehouse manager manages the functions involved in Material management supervising receiving, handling, storing, picking, packing & administrative activities ensuring quality standards are met driven by a customer-centric approach. The ideal candidate is outstandingly detail oriented and able to supervise multiple facets of the warehouse at any given time with dedication including focus on EHS (Environmental Health Safety), Safe Logistics, GDP, 6S & ISO standards.
This position will be working in general shift with occasional requirements to visit & supervise work in second shift or on weekends on-call basis as a regular part of the job.
Strategically manage warehouse in compliance with company’s policies and vision overseeing daily operations viz. receiving, warehousing, distribution and maintenance operations while controlling and managing inventory and logistics. Adhere to all warehousing, handling and shipping legislation requirements. Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security. Ensure effective and safe use of warehouse equipment. Carryout Risk assessment, Prepare HIRA, Impact Aspect Register. Manage stock control and reconcile with data storage system. Prepare annual budget. Liaise with clients, suppliers and transport companies. Setup layout and ensure efficient space utilization. Make recommendations regarding proper storage, inventory management and warehousing procedures and improvements to improve warehouse efficiency. Initiate, coordinate and enforce optimal operational policies and procedures. Plan work schedules, assign tasks appropriately and appraise results. Recruit, select, orient, coach and motivate employees. Produce reports and statistics regularly, monitor and control. Train and manage warehouse team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals. Maintain warehouse operations in a clean, orderly, safe and secure condition. Represent the warehouse operation by interacting with internal and external customers and auditors. Ensure inventory accuracy & reliability.
Who You Are:
- Overall 5-10+ years of experience in a warehouse leadership role
- Bachelor’s degree (Commerce/Science), Engineering or equivalent field
- with MBA or PG diploma in Materials Management.
- Lean and six sigma trained or certified
- Experience managing organization of >10 people
- Excellent communications and social skills
- APICS certificate would be an advantage
- Bonded warehouse operation management.
Requirements & Skills
- Commercial savvy and knowledge of prevailing taxation compliance requirements.
- Hands on experience with warehouse management software (SAP) and databases.
- Experience working Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Proven work experience in leading warehouse activities with >100 crore inventory.
- Expertise in warehouse management procedures and standard methodologies.
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives, drive organization change and subject area.
- Solid understanding of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- People management skills, including the ability to inspire, lead and motivate a team of people, delegate work and explain ideas.
- Sub-contracting process and Stock reconciliation.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.merckgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html