Show All Results
Manufacturing Assembler/Operator II
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, the Manufacturing Assembler/Operator II will receive, and store purchased and inter-company transferred goods. Pick, pack, ship and distribute goods with required documentation. Participates in physical inventories of warehouse, issue and deliver goods to manufacturing.
- Perform manual and routine duties in one or more of the following areas: shipping, receiving, material supply, and inventory control
- Pick items with emphasis on attention to detail.
- Receive all incoming materials storing at the correct location. Inspect and compare with packing lists, bills of lading, purchase orders, discrete jobs, variances, MRA's and/or related documentation. Report discrepancies or damage goods. Document and label materials according to procedures.
- Deliver accepted items of received materials.
- Prepare related documentation and maintain files/records using computer technology.
- Operate material handling equipment.
- Pull products for customer orders, discrete jobs and/or related documents for shipments or assemblies noting items for FIFO, lot numbers.
- Produce correct documents for distribution needs.
- Prepare data for computer input and work with computer printouts.
- Use PC and material/production/distribution tracking software.
- Ensure distribution activities comply with established company policies, procedures and cGMP compliance, ISO regulations, Federal Express, UPS, and other carrier procedures.
- Have a willingness to cross train in other job functions (I.E. Warehouse/Picker)
- Communicate and coordinate promptly with Customer Service, Manufacturing, R&D, Production, Planning, Purchasing, Quality Assurance and Quality Control as required.
- Maintain distribution areas for cleanliness, efficiency and organization.
- Ensure accurate maintenance via ERP entry of inventory according to procedures.
- Perform cycle counting tasks.
- D-shift is 7am-7pm Thursday, Saturday, Sunday.
- Occasional overtime and willingness to train on another shift.
- Lift, push, and or pull up to 50lbs.
Who you are:
- High School diploma or GED.
- 1+ years’ experience shipping and receiving goods.
- Inventory Control experience, Inbound/Outbound shipping receiving experience highly preferred.
- Basic computer skills; Oracle knowledge helpful.
- Good interpersonal skills, attention to detail and possess excellent written & verbal communication.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software relating to receiving activities desired.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of hand trucks and pallet mover.
- Dependable with good work ethic and a team player with positive attitude.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.