Show All Results
GSA Sr Scientific Sales Manager
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery! Our 60,300 people are crafting how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world, we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and exciting ways of improving the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We are seeking a highly innovative, motivated, and technical Sr. Scientific Sales Manager to join our Global Strategic Accounts Scientific Team. This field-based, customer-facing position will focus on developing near- and long-term scientific sales & partnerships with our strategic accounts. These activities will define MilliporeSigma's role as a key partner in pharmaceutical target ID & validation, lead discovery, and lead optimization. Additionally, this role will be responsible for achieving defined financial targets at specific accounts. This role has no direct reports.
This is a highly visible role with excellent career advancement opportunities. The position reports to the Scientific Director of Global Strategic Accounts and is field-based with frequent travel to pharmaceutical accounts in the Boston, MA area. Remote candidates will be considered if they are able to travel to Boston 30% of the time.
- Highly developed technical / scientific skills matched with an acute intuition for business and sales-focused approach
- Ability to engage and interact with customers, with end users, lab managers, and department heads
- Understands the pharmaceutical R&D workflow and uses it to develop account-specific strategies with a strong emphasis on building a scientific sales pipeline, identifying novel solutions, and developing collaborations with a strong ability to close
- Ability to partner with internal collaborators and uses their internal network to prepare business cases to address specific customer needs
- Identifies areas for innovation reflecting the defined strategy; liaises with R&D, commercial, product management, business development, and external innovators to address those gaps
- Leads cross-functional initiatives to drive scientific & technical account sales
- Strong leadership, scientific, project management, and business development skills coupled with the ability to work with global and remote teams.
- Self-starting strategic problem solver with proven track record of success in developing strategy and working in a sales organization.
- Management of multiple problems simultaneously with a high degree of independence
- Present findings, analysis and recommendations to various internal audiences, including at the executive level
Who You Are:
- BS degree with 8+ years’ experience, MS degree with 3+ years’ experience
- Proven sales track record and evidence of networking activities
- Proven track record of building and maintaining relationships with clients
- Ability to travel – minimum of 50% travel within the Boston area, 5% global travel required
- Degree in the life sciences or engineering, PhD preferred, ideally with 5y+ experience in sales
- Strong background and understanding of pharmaceutical R&D
- Professional experience in a global environment
- Established network of contacts within the pharmaceutical industry
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.