Show All Results
Senior Digital Marketing Analyst (all genders)
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The Marketing Analytics and Communications team is part of the Digital Marketing department within the Digital & eCommerce organization of the Life Science sector. The key focus of this team is to serve all analytical and communication needs of Digital Marketing and its stakeholders. As such, this team collaborates across all digital marketing groups as well as with other functional units outside the Digital & eCommerce organization.
We are looking for a highly analytical and strategic individual who is passionate about marketing and analytics while also being versatile and curious to manage cross-functional projects. It’s a great opportunity for someone to get exposure to various aspects of marketing and eCommerce business.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in one of the leading eCommerce businesses in the Life Science category.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing Analytics and Communications, you will be responsible for analytical tasks, requests, and infrastructure. If you have a strong foundation in digital marketing and data & analytics, this role will provide you with a colorful and versatile working life and enables you to get ready to lead teams and functions.
- Support business decisions by providing data analysis and reporting of patterns, insights, and trends to decision-makers.
- Perform explorative analyses to identify potential drivers for revenue or other substantial key business drivers or root causes of problems.
- Validate hypotheses, develop forecasts towards contributions of digital marketing channels
- Support the development and evolution of marketing measurement frameworks, actionable reports, and interactive dashboards using reporting and visualization tools
- Translate data into actionable insights - make recommendations to team members & stakeholders to improve channel or functional health.
- Ensure data accuracy and completeness by performing quality data audits and analyses.
Required Skills and Expertise
- Business consulting experience with project work related to report creation, strategic marketing, digital transformation, or data & analytics
- Familiarity with analytical tools and resources and demonstrated ability to apply these tools to further success within your organization.
- General understanding of multiple digital platforms, channels and functions or deep, practical expertise of a single channel and function.
Additional knowledge and experience in the following fields is an advantage:
- Project management skills
- Data engineering or manipulation, using programming languages such as Structured Query Language (SQL) or Python in environments such as Google BigQuery.
- Digital Analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Adobe SiteCatalyst, Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, Optimizely, ...
- Advertising Technology: Google Ads, Bing Ads, Display & Video 360, Customer Data Platforms, …
- Reporting and Data Visualization tools such as Google Data Studio, Tableau, Qlik, ...
- Understanding of website development processes and database management
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and proactive, with the ability to lead projects in a self-reliant manner
- Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines
- An attitude of accountability and entrepreneurial thinking in terms of heading for the business opportunity
- Meticulous attention to detail, with an overall passion for continual improvement
- Innovative and creative, with a logical and methodical approach to problem-solving
- Overall solution-oriented mindset
- Ability to communicate effectively with others verbally and in writing clearly and concisely
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, computer science, business, economics, data engineering, mathematics, data science, or related field.
- 3 or more years of relevant experience with minimum 3 years working in hands-on data analytics and/or MarTech roles
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, computer science, life science or similar
- Master’s Degree or higher
- Degree in a life science related discipline and MBA or Ph.D. is a bonus
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.merckgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html