Show All Results
Sr. Manufacturing Operator - E Shift
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, the Sr. Manufacturing Operator will perform a variety of equipment operating and adjusting duties such as assembling, mixing, cleaning, welding, bonding, inspecting, testing, labeling, packaging, etc. to fabricate and process products to meet high-quality specifications following prescribed procedures.
- Work from verbal and written instructions may use a variety of equipment including welders, hot air guns, scales, bonders, fillers, simple test equipment, and other related supplies.
- Use measuring instruments to ensure conformance to specified tolerance disassembles precision assemblies and correct malfunctions.
- Make accept/reject decisions, taking corrective action where possible.
- Work on assignments with moderate complexity, where judgment is required in solving problems and making recommendations which may involve choosing from two or more pre-defined alternative courses of action.
- Work under general supervision, with some instruction given for routine work and detailed instructions for new types of work or special projects.
- Utilize basic knowledge of how the team is organized and how tasks relate to the others in the team/ unit.
- Impact team performance through reliability and accuracy of own work.
- E-Shift: Friday, Saturday, and Sunday 7:00pm – 7:00am with occasional overtime based on business needs. Training may occur on an off shift.
- Stand, reach, bend, and twist throughout the shift
- Lift, push, and or pull up to 35lbs
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing, production, GMP, life sciences, or other discipline
- Ability to read, follow and understand operating procedures.
- Capable of doing basic math and counting to large numbers without error.
- Willingness to learn multiple production operations and adjust quickly to new tasks.
- Needs to be able to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally to report production information.
- Capable of working a full shift at a designated operation within the assigned manufacturing area
- Sufficient computer-related skills to perform data entry and print reports.
- Works under close supervision at first and demonstrates the potential to work with less supervision over time.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.