Show All Results
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
EMD Electronics is immediately hiring for a Chemical Operator in Savannah, GA! This is a challenging, hands-on, rewarding job opportunity for people who want to join a growing business.
Benefits to working with our team include:
- Comprehensive, paid, on the job training program that allows our employees to quickly learn critical technical skills to excel in this role and rapidly progress in their careers.
- Full tuition reimbursement available!
- Excellent benefits including a starting vacation allowance of 3 weeks!
The Chemical Operator is responsible for performing the daily production duties within their production area along with the other operators on the production team. You will ensure optimum operation of equipment by maintaining full compliance with all instructions, company policies and procedures, as well as assuring a safe and environmentally compliant operation of the production processes.
The hours for this position will be rotating, 12-hour shifts, that will include nights and weekends.
- Working, but not limited to, the Bismuth and WM production areas
- Processing chemicals by following SOPs
- Working with equipment such as reactors, filters, kilns, centrifuges and pumps
- Packaging and transferring chemicals accurately and safely
- Manufacturing of products to ensure quality and favorable yield
- Monitoring and maintaining equipment by adjusting controls, cleaning startup/shutdown, etc.
- Conducting laboratory tests and recording results, such as pH, temperature, particle analysis, etc.
- Following standard operating procedures
- Maintaining high quality standards for housekeeping, safety and environmental compliance
- Contributing to the site’s continuous improvements by utilizing the CIP database for BPS and continuous improvement ideas
- Contributing to the site and department key performance indicators
- Helping to train other Operator I classifications, as needed
- Work at times in extreme climates (high/low temperatures and humidity)
- Climb stairs, ladders and walk long distances during the workday
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs regularly
Military Veterans: EMD Electronics is a military friendly employer that values the skills obtained through military teamwork. Our culture and company value the leadership and focus on safety that is obtained from your service. Veterans from any branch or MOS with hands-on mechanical skill sets are encouraged to apply.
Who You Are:
- A High School or GED
- 1+ year of chemical operations experience in a manufacturing environment
- CPR and first aid certification
- Exposure to Lean Six Sigma and ISO certification
- Basic proficiencies in the use of typical computer hardware and software – Excel and internet for training purposes
- Basic math skills
- Forklift experience is a plus
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.