Show All Results
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
- As a Quality Supervisor, you provide day to day supervision and direction to a team of Quality Engineers in a fast-paced semiconductor materials manufacturing operation.
- You will be the point of contact for quality related requests from internal customers for the Hometown Thin Films products.
- You lead root cause investigations for Hometown Thin Films customer complaints and quality investigations using model-based problem-solving techniques to drive to Zero Defects.
- You lead Customer and Internal Task Forces for Thin Films Quality issues at the Hometown site.
- You will support Hometown Site Quality manager in monitoring Thin Films quality performance and efforts toward continuous improvement.
- You will ensure regular SPC review meetings are held covering all Hometown Thin Films products.
- You will provide SPC/SQC data support and customized trend charts to assess and monitor Thin Films product/process performance.
- You will evaluate deviations / OOS / OOC conditions for the Hometown Thin Films products and provide guidance for the disposition of non-conforming product at local Discrepant Review Board.
- You will support Thin Films Customer and internal audits, including follow-up to action items.
- You contribute to the advancement of quality related projects and process improvements with Lean and/or Six Sigma or data-driven process optimization projects.
- You will support the Level Up Quality Roadmap for Thin Films in Hometown.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, chemistry, or other technical discipline.
- 5+ years in quality, manufacturing, or technical experience in a fast-paced time sensitive environment.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate others and work collaboratively with multiple internal stakeholders.
- Demonstrated success in contributing to the advancement of projects, project teams, and process improvements.
- Demonstrated experience with Lean and/or Six Sigma projects or in data-driven process optimization projects.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple activities and projects.
- Knowledge of statistical process control (SPC/SQC), root cause analysis and corrective action (CAPA), problem solving, FMEAs, Design of Experiment (DoE), continuous improvement (CI) activities, management of change, and document control systems.
- Proficient with statistical software including Minitab, JMP, or Tableau.
- Experience with process improvement, data automation, and data digitization.
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written.
- Ability to work with people from various backgrounds/cultures.
- Experience within Electronics industry (preferably in semiconductors).
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) or other relevant certification.
- Experience with ISO9001 Quality Management Systems.
- ISO9001 or IATF 16949 Internal Auditor Certification.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification.
- SAP experience.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of a NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.