Show All Results
Process Engineer II
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role at MilliporeSigma:
Conduct Process Engineering activities related to the creation, improvement, control, testing and inspection of production or operation processes and products.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements, good manufacturing practices and other quality standards
- Designs and develops process simulations to support process design and development efforts
- Supports automation and digitalization efforts across the site
- Manages and supports process scale up of new chemical processes on site
- Design, production and maintenance of structures, systems and components in MilliporeSigma production plants and facilities.
- Technology Transfer support including documentation development and implementation
- Write protocols and report results of studies conducted
- Work with Project Engineering group to design, specify and install new equipment
- Work with Production, Maintenance, Process Development, QC and QA to ensure existing manufacturing processes remain in control
- Initiate, propose and implement optimization projects to reduce quality incidents, manufacturing costs, cycle times and/or increase product yield. Develop project justification and capital project proposal when required
- Provide advice on issues, including problem solving and the assessment of new technologies.
- Accountable for the quality of own work.
- Receives instruction, guidance and direction from more senior level roles.
- Internally works with team members across the site.
- Externally some interaction with customers, suppliers, contractors etc.
- Required to wear appropriate protective gear, (hard hats, glasses/goggles, gloves, safety shoes) and other personal protection equipment “PPE”
- Required to sit, stand, walk, reach above the shoulder, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch or crawl for long periods of time.
Who You Are:
- Bachelors Degree in Chemical Engineering
- 4+ years of experience in the chemical industry
- Analytical and scientific problem-solving skills showing the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Knowledge of chemical engineering related principles and standards
- Experience in process simulations; ChemCAD and/or Dynochem experience preferred
- Familiar with process control of chemical processes
- Effective customer service skills and the ability to interact with customers and co-workers
- Oral, written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in team environment; experience leading technical teams a plus
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations
- Familiar with Minitab and AutoCAD engineering software
- Experience in MS Office Suite
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of a NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.