Show All Results
Internal Controls Auditor (Hybrid)
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Internal Controls Auditor will coordinate the design and creation of reliable internal controls and monitor adherence to those objectives. The Global Internal Controls System (ICS) program is very similar to Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), where risk and controls matrices are designed/updated, and the controls are tested for effectiveness. The internal controls ensure the accuracy of financial statements by reviewing the business processes and their impact on the financial controls. The Internal Controls Auditor is proactive; keeping ahead of the curve for internal control processes, practices, and documents to identify weaknesses before they become problems. The Internal Controls Auditor is responsible for teaching skills to educate employees on internal control project requirements and action items.
- Work closely with leadership teams to identify and deliver process improvements, both regional and global where applicable
- Manage the execution of North America Internal Controls System (ICS)
- Oversee and manage the control testing for the areas
- Develop and document end to end process within the risk and control matrix
- Execute risk and control assessments, along with control design, to identify shortcomings, and recommend suitable changes to management
- Evaluate the internal control systems of the organization, identify shortcomings, and recommend suitable changes to management
- Collaborate with functional teams for compliance to outlined processes and ensure that all key controls are being performed satisfactorily
- Evaluate control deficiencies for impact and monitor management's remediation efforts to closure.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or Accounting
- 5+ years of experience in internal or external audit, internal controls, SOX, and/or accounting
- 6+ years of experience in internal or external audit, internal controls, SOX, and/or accounting
- Demonstrated project management and relationship building
- Previous experience with SOX and/or audit testing requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills needed to collaborate with local and global colleagues to draft and revise internal controls
- Ability to influence without authority
- Ability to self-manage
- Ability to engage with internal and external stakeholders/service providers
- Critical thinking and attention to detail are needed to evaluate business activities and assess compliance risk
- Availability and willingness to listen to and address employee concerns and questions on internal controls
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where every detail
- Possess superior analytical skills and a high level of attention to detail to perform duties effectively
- Good organizational and communication skills to prepare presentations for senior managers
- Proven experience with Excel and other reporting tools
- Experience in compliance and risk in multiple business segments/industries
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.